Improvement merging documents
- Merging documents has now become even more user-friendly with the following changes:
- When adding new correspondence, it's automatically filtered on the matter that was previously selected when opening the "Combine documents" screen
- With the button "Select all" all documents can be selected with one mouse click
- It's possible to adjust the order of documents before making the page selection
Integration Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- The integration with Microsoft Teams and Zoom makes it possible to immediately generate a link for an online meeting when creating an appointment in BaseNet.
Before you can use this functionality, it's important to make the connection with Microsoft Teams and/or Zoom. This can be done at both company level (through one shared account) and user level.
Setting up the connection on company level
Setting up the connection on company level is possible via Setting (Company) > Calendar > Login to Microsoft Teams / Login to Zoom
Setting up the connection on user level
Setting up the connection on user level is possible via Setting (Personal) > Calendar > Login to Microsoft Teams / Login to Zoom
When the connection has been made, it will be possible to choose the location “Teams video conference” and/or “Zoom video conference” from an appointment. Once one of these options is selected, a button will appear to generate the link for an online meeting and all the necessary information will be added to the appointment.
Points of attention:
- The link works in combination with paid business licenses from Microsoft Teams / Zoom and not in combination with personal / home / school licenses
- The link generates a so-called “quick meeting” and is therefore not visible in the Teams / Zoom agenda
- It's possible to activate both connections. When generating the link, you indicate whether this is done via Microsoft Teams or Zoom
- The integration itself is offered to you free of charge by BaseNet
* TIP *
Use “Calendar users” to keep track of the availability of shared accounts. In this way it's clear to everyone in the office when which account is available, comparable with for example booking meeting rooms.
Please contact our service desk to create calendar users. The costs for this are 6,- Euro per user.
Out-of-Office replies manageable by administrators
- Administrators (users who have access to the company settings) can now manage the Out-of-Office replies of all mailboxes, without having to access the respective mailboxes. This can be useful, for example if a colleague has forgotten to activate an Out-of-Office reply or if a change needs to be made.
Follow the steps below to activate / change the Out-of-Office reply of a mailbox:
- Go to Settings (Company) > Email > Email Accounts
- Select the relevant employee
- Double click on the relevant mailbox (a new screen will open)
- Click on the "Airplane" icon
Improvement adding attachments to mailing
Added possibility to copy "Secure Share" transaction
New release BaseNet app
- In this new release of the BaseNet app (version 15.1.0) we've made some nice improvements. See below an overview of the most notable changes.
- It's possible to upload files from your phone as a document
- When opening the app, the mailbox is always refreshed automatically, regardless of whether the app is running in the background or completely closed
- When clicking on an address you can choose with which navigation app the address is opened
- Address fields show the full address instead of being truncated
- When archiving incoming emails, associated labels were not saved
- Moving multiple email messages from the mailbox to another folder didn't work
- It wasn't always possible to enter / change the date and time of an appointment
Improvement merging documents
- Selecting a letter head when merging documents is now also possible for users that don't have access to the company settings. Via a pulldown menu it's possible to select the desired letter head. For users who do have access to the company setting the functionality for selecting a letter head is unchanged.
Access button for online meeting automatically appears on basis of location
Preview of internal comments available
- In the correspondence search screen it's now possible to get a preview of the internal comments via the icon. As a result of this, it's no longer necessary to open a piece of correspondence to view the internal comments.
Set up an Out-of-Office reply based on a template
- It's now possible to use templates when setting up an Out-of-Office reply. This allows you to quickly and easily set up an Out-of-Office reply, including corporate identity.
Important to know:
- This functionality is specifically intended to facilitate setting up an Out-of-Office reply. Once the Out-of-Office reply has been set, it will be sent exactly like that. This means that any template codes that are used in the Out-of-Office reply itself will not work.
Tips for administrators:
- Provide a template that is specifically intended for setting up an Out-of-Office reply. In this way it's even easier for colleagues to set up an Out-of-Office reply and you can be sure that this is done in a uniform manner
- Change template codes starting with $data.email.employee to $data.employeeInfo to ensure that employee data is automatically loaded after selecting the template. Example: change the template code $data.email.employee.fullname to $data.employeeInfo.fullname to ensure that the employee's name is loaded when generating an Out-of-Office reply based on the selected template.
Compile, print and send legal documents quickly and easily
- The new “PDF File Merger” module has been developed with only one goal:
Compiling, printing and sending legal documents easier, faster and less sensitive to errors.
With the use of the "PDF File Merger" module, printing one by one, arranging and merging separate legal documents into one legal document is a thing of the past.
The most important advantages at a glance:
- Time savings: quickly and easily merge separate documents into one document via a user-friendly interface and fully integrated in BaseNet
- Powerful: automatic table of contents, tabs and letter head integration
- Flexible: add or remove documents? Change order? No problem!
- Less sensitive to errors: print legal documents using 1 print job or send 1 file to the court, a colleague or client via, for example, the Registered Mail link
For more information on how to use the new module, see our FAQ-article
Everyday, we are improving the use of BaseNet for our customers by introducing new updates and improvements.
BaseNet software is sorely focused on the legal space and continuously evolves to meet the changing needs of our legal clients. The list displays important adjustments and extensions that we are constantly working on to make BaseNet faster, more responsive and powerful without you having to undertake anything. These include adjustments for security, general system improvements, optimisations and (small) bug fixes.